29.6.15

peg dolls from germany


Here in the US, it's almost impossible to buy peg dolls with conical shaped bodies, so when I arrived at Castle in the Air last Saturday and spied a basket of these lovelies, I bought a bunch of them.  It was fun to try out doll-bases of different shapes.


Not only did they have conical figures, they also had conical figures with wooden gnome-hats!!


My little one and I have been reading this gnome book, so I got busy right away making some wee gnome children for him. (Plus, we have this pop-up book, which is really sweet!)


I don't think these conical shaped dolls are listed in the online shoppe at Castle in the Air, however, if you call the store, I suspect they'd be happy to ship some to you.  Mother Goose Online also sells a fabulous selection of German-made peg doll bases via mail-order, and in Australia, you can find lovely peg doll bases at Winterwood Toys.

2 comments:

  1. They are wonderful Margaret! Its fun to see the different shapes that are out there. Thanks for the book recommendations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wooden peg dolls with gnome hats already attached are so cute! I like the way you painted their faces. So cute!
    Janet M.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)